Thanksgiving in New York City

I will never…read my words, people…I will NEVER go to Jersey City again. For this trip alone, I could write an entire book. And as you will see, I almost did! I suppose I could just say that we went to the parade and had a nice time and that’s it. That would probably satisfy some people. But so many things happened, that I want to document it all. If, for no other reason, for Rachel’s sake. She doesn’t remember anything from when we went to the parade when she was three years old. This trip she might remember. And if not, she will have this to remind her.

There is nothing worse than having to read about every detail of someone’s trip or having to politely look at their pictures as if you care. I understand that. But this blog is all about our trip to New York City for the Thanksgiving holiday and I can tell you that if you set aside some time, lots of time, (approximately 1 1/2 hours from beginning to end) to read this one, you will be going along on one of the best/worst/scariest trips we’ve ever been on. And yes, you might even laugh at us along the way.

Because it’s so long, I have broken it up into 3 blog articles. I have posted them all and have provided links to each so you can continue reading them all in one shot or can break them up into 3 separate reads and easily pick up where you left off. It’s best if you read them in order because it’s like a book that continues a story.

So go get a cup of coffee, glass of wine, a syringe, if that’s what you’re into, and sit back and read all about the “Adventures of the Out of Shape, Bad Decision-Making, Forgetful, Vigilante Girls Who Hit the Big Apple”.


Part 1 - Days 1-2: The Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
Part 2 - Day 3: Broadway Shows and The Invasion

Part 3 - Day 4-5: Statue of Delivery, Ellis Island, Going Home





No comments: